The Nova Scotia Library Association is seeking nominations for the NSLA Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership.
The Norman Horrocks Award for Library Leadership was established to honour leadership in the Nova Scotia Library community and is given by NSLA for distinguished contributions to the promotion and development of library service in Nova Scotia. Those contributions should be of lasting significance and may be for leadership of various kinds – ranging from local projects to those of provincial scope, and may cover any type of library activity.
Deadline for Nominations is May 31, 2013
Procedures for Nominations:
- Nominations must include nominee name, address, telephone, fax and e-mail address, if applicable
- Nominations must be made in writing and signed by two nominators, one of whom must be a current member of the Nova Scotia Library Association
- Nominators are responsible for documenting the accomplishments of the candidate and for creating a package to support the nomination. Documentation as available and appropriate may be submitted.
- Nominations must include three letters of endorsement (which can include ones from the nominators)
- Nominations of persons previously nominated but not chosen may be resubmitted. Receipt of all submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail.
Send Nominations to:
Norman Horrocks Award Committee
c/o NSLA Past President
Denise Corey, MLIS
Deputy Chief Librarian
Cumberland Public Libraries